This half day Fire Safety Training Course will train participants and give them the confidence to deal with fire in an emergency.
As an important component of the training a practical demonstration regarding escape routes and identification of hazards is also included.
Participants will also gain valuable ‘Hands On’ experience using a fire extinguisher. This course will emphasise the dangers of fire, the importance of prevention, and the necessity of urgent action if a fire breaks out.
- Course introduction and objectives
- Theory of fire and smoke behaviour
- Spread of Fire
- Classification of fires
- Fire prevention and evacuation procedures (Site specific)
- How to make evacuation realistic
- Duties of a Fire Warden
- Identify possible fire hazards in the workplace
- Identify if your workplace is equipped with appropriate detectors, fire alarms, and fire fighting equipment.
- Ensure fire equipment is inspected and maintained