This training will show your staff how to lift patients, particularly elderly or incapacitated people and therefore avoid back injuries. Pulse 8 will train your staff in how to lift people safely therefore avoiding compensation claims and create a safe environment for those they take care of.
To comply with current Health and Safety legislation, SHW at Work (General App) Regulations 2007, Part 2 Workplace and Work Equipment, Chapter 4 “Manual Handling of Loads” and Amendment Regulations 2007. Nurses, Healthcare staff and care assistants engaged in patient handling must be given training in safe lifting techniques.
Patient Handling Training Objective & Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course participants will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to:
- Explain their legal rights and responsibilities
- Explain how the musclo-skeletal system can get injured
- Identify risk factors associated with patient handling
- Apply the principles of safe lifting to inanimate objects
- Handle patients safely
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Conduct a patient handling risk assessment
- Lift and handle patients safely
- Understand correct lifting techniques